How Do You Make Cake Pops?

Baking By kelly31984 Updated 22 Apr 2011 , 12:28am by corpsequeen

kelly31984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelly31984 Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 4:45am
post #1 of 4

Hi all, I want to try making cake pops, is there a pan you use or what? What do you dip them in to coat them! Thanks Kelly

3 replies
corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 5:31am
post #2 of 4

You just bake your cake like normal or use cake scraps if you have any lying around. Crumble it all up and add something to make it all stick together (buttercream, nutella, peanutbutter, whatever you want!). Mix it all together and then form it into balls by grabbing chunks of the mix and rolling it in your hands. This is where I do it differently then some people, I take the easy route rather then the cuter route lol (I just can't make it work the other ways! Then I dip lollipop sticks in melted chocolate and stick one in each pop and refrigerate until the chocolate sets. Once that sets I take them out and dip the whole thing in chocolate and sprinkle whatever I want on them directly after like nuts or sprinkles icon_smile.gif refrigerate until the chocolate sets up and your all done!

strikers2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
strikers2 Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 2:11pm
post #3 of 4

You can also try the babycakes cake pop maker: http://thebabycakesshop.com/products/cake-pop-makers/cp-12. They also carry it at Kohls. I just ordered one yesterday, so I haven't tried it out yet, but based on the reviews it sounds like it works great. The regular way of making cake pops is VERY time consuming and frustrating (for me at least!).

Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

corpsequeen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
corpsequeen Posted 22 Apr 2011 , 12:28am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by strikers2

You can also try the babycakes cake pop maker: http://thebabycakesshop.com/products/cake-pop-makers/cp-12. They also carry it at Kohls. I just ordered one yesterday, so I haven't tried it out yet, but based on the reviews it sounds like it works great. The regular way of making cake pops is VERY time consuming and frustrating (for me at least!).

Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

Heh! That's a nifty little thing! I make cake pops out of my scraps though so it wouldn't do me much good :/ I've seen another thing that rolls the cake ball mixture into perfect balls for you! But its crazy expensive!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%