Clear/ Semi-See Through Icing Sheets????

Decorating By Angela_Elise Updated 28 Apr 2011 , 2:11am by Angela_Elise

Angela_Elise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angela_Elise Posted 21 Apr 2011 , 1:51am
post #1 of 6

I orderd some icing sheet / frosting sheets from KopyKake. They were totally not what I expected and I'm quickly looking for something different. they will work for some things but not all.
Does anyone know where I can find the iridescent almost kind of milky clear icing sheets? I have wafer paper too but don't like it.
I ordered some pre-printed ones before I got my cannon (love it) and those are more clear to start off with and seem to make the image better as well.
What i want to achieve is to color my icing a dark blue, and then print an image such as the black leopard dots on the frosting sheet, that way it will allow the dark blue to show. The kopykake sheets won't allow that because they are completely white. icon_sad.gif Thanks for any help!!!

5 replies
icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 8:14pm
post #2 of 6

We sell chocolate transfer sheets, that are what you describe. Not sure if I completely understand what you are looking to do.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Apr 2011 , 8:34pm
post #3 of 6

I've never heard of clear icing sheets....??? I do not know if its possible to do something with gelatin but....I've never heard of clear icing sheets.

Angela_Elise Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 12:48am
post #4 of 6

It might help if I put the right company lol. I got them from tastyfotoart.com, was looking at getting some from copy cake. They aren't so much clear as they are more of a frosted iridescent color. I got some originally from ebay that were pre printed before I had my printer and they were really neat, and the paper wasn't 100% white, it looked more like the color of wax paper.
The cool thing is, where there is free space on the sheet, when you lay it on the cake and it melds, the color of the icing will show through. With the white frosting sheets it can't do that. Maybe this will help better explain what i"m looking for. But I asked the person from ebay that I bought the original images from, and they told me only DecoPac sells those, so I think I'm just out of luck icon_sad.gif

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 3:52pm
post #5 of 6

Our choco transfer sheets are see through. They are meant for chocolates, but I have had customers use them on fondant.

Angela_Elise Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 2:11am
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I'm defo going to check them out, do you have any pics of them or product pictures they've been used on? I love how everyone is so helpful on here, it's awesome!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%