Can I Pipe Grass/fur W/ Cream Cheese Frosting?

Decorating By proudmama4 Updated 18 Apr 2011 , 10:26pm by Coral3

proudmama4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
proudmama4 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 4:35pm
post #1 of 6

my husband requested a simple bunny cake for Easter, but demands cream cheese frosting. I bought the duncan hines cream cheese frosting. Will this go thru the grass tip enough to make some fur?

Thanks.

5 replies
Kayakado Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kayakado Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 6

Yes

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 5:16pm
post #3 of 6

The canned frosting will not hold up as well as homemade , but it should work......

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 8:44pm
post #4 of 6

It will go through the tip, but my experience with cream cheese frosting is that is doesn't hold a peak like BC does, so it may not look as much like grass as using BC. The canned stuff might be a little stiffer, I have not tried piping with it.

ShellBell69 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShellBell69 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 9:52pm
post #5 of 6

I have not used the canned frosting for grass but I use homemade cream cheese frosting for my carrot cake and pipe grass with it. The trick for me) is to keep it cool. If it starts getting warm put it away for awhile. You can see my bunny cake in my pics. Both of those are with cream cheese frosting.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 10:26pm
post #6 of 6

^Agree with the keeping cool thing. I've piped (home made) cream cheese frosting through grass tips many times, it worked fine. Success would depend on the frosting consistency though.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%