Gumpaste Sugarpaste Fourpaste

Decorating By cookiedoescakes Updated 19 Apr 2011 , 11:09am by ezkate

cookiedoescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiedoescakes Posted 18 Apr 2011 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 3

I have been watching different clips on youtube and other sites on the internet and I would like to know if there is a difference between gumpaste, sugarpaste and flourpaste.

2 replies
Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 2:12am
post #2 of 3

I believe sugarpaste and flowerpaste are the British terms for the American fondant and gumpaste, respectively.

ezkate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ezkate Posted 19 Apr 2011 , 11:09am
post #3 of 3

i see it as it has already been said, sugarpaste is fondant, gumpaste is like modelling paste and flowerpaste is like modelling paste but more for flowers - also known as petal paste all of these have different ingredients or amount of ingredients ie sugarpaste or fondant has no gums at all as they are not needed, but both gumpaste and flower paste use gums (like gum trag or cmc/tylos) - they help make the paste dry out and hold its shape etct etc
hope that helps and didnt make you more confused!

Quote by @%username% on %date%