Which Ateco Tip?

Baking By superfly Updated 12 Jan 2013 , 3:07pm by BakingIrene

superfly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
superfly Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 6:20pm
post #1 of 4

A quick question, what would the ATECO equivalent be to to the wilton 1M? I don't mind if its slightly larger than the 1 M as long as its similar. I'm not very familiar with ATECO so I thought I woud ask first before I made a purchase.


3 replies
BakedCT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakedCT Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 6:59pm
post #2 of 4

i think the open star nozzle is more or less the same. you get them in different sizes. I have tried a swirl with this nozzle already and with a wilton 1M. Comes out more or less the same.

I have even used the big pastry open star nozzle, just makes a bigger swirl with more icing.

Xs1nner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Xs1nner Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 2:08pm
post #3 of 4

AThe equivalent Ateco tip to a Wilton 1M tip is #846

BakingIrene Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakingIrene Posted 12 Jan 2013 , 2:57pm
post #4 of 4

Ateco brand is an excellent quality that has been around for a while (longer than Wilton).  They are very well made for bakery and pastry shop and decorating purposes.  You can buy small booklets with how-to-use photos of all their tubes.




Numbers--Wilton originally just sold Ateco brand but then started making their own when they opened a factory in South Korea.  Most of the numbers are still the same--the new 200's are renumbered from small tips like 1S and 23S and so on.


Only thing Ateco tubes/tips are not the best for is lace piping.

Quote by @%username% on %date%