Alstroemeria Flowers

Decorating By cakesbyterry57 Updated 13 Apr 2011 , 1:41am by JulieMN

cakesbyterry57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbyterry57 Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 5:26pm
post #1 of 6

icon_confused.gif Does anyone know how to make an alsroemeria flower out of gumpaste?

5 replies
weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 6:13pm
post #2 of 6

Yes. First of all you have to have the cutters for it. You can buy them from Jennifer Dontz which she also has a great dvd or you can take her class hat teaches 5 different flowers (which I did a few years ago). But basically you cut out three petals of the rounder kind and three of the pointy kind. You twiddle gumpaste on a wire and then using your veiner, place the petal on the veiner and use a sponge over the wire and press down.. You can pinch the point a little and then bend the petal back to form almost a C shape but not quite bent so far down (if you can understand that). Place in a baggie or cover with plastic wrap until you get all six done. If you use a premade stamen then group about six of them together with floral tape. If you want to make your own the use small pieces of gumpaste on the tips of the wire and make small tear drop shapes. Then color them brown. (I use premade because its easier), Then taking the three rounded petals, form them around the stamen so you have one at 12:00, 3:00, and 10:00. Use floral wire to secure them. Then take the other three and place them at 2:00. 6:00, and 11:00. Secure with floral wire. Using either a small paint brush or edible marker, make small dots on the 2,6,11:00 petals. Color them with petal dust and steam. You can also color them and then dip them in confectionary glaze before you wire them together which Jen teaches which gives a pretty look also.

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 6:56pm
post #3 of 6

From the look of the flower on google images, I would say you could use a large rose petal cutter for the 3 rounded petals and cut the edge to how the cutter looks. And then use a stargazer lily cutter for the 3 other petals. If you don't have any of those you may as well buy the actual cutters though. I always try to use the things I have already though icon_razz.gif

http://www.jenniferdontz.com/viewproduct.php?itemid=cut018

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 9:48pm
post #4 of 6

I did an alstroemeria tutorial for DecorateTheCake blog. It will be posted on Tuesday sometime during the day. You can check the blog out at; decoratethecakeblog.blogspot.com/
If it doesn't get posted, please PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

You can purchase the alstroemeria cutters and veiners at; decoratethecake.com/store

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 12:37am
post #5 of 6

The alstroemeria tutorial is posted:
http://decoratethecakeblog.blogspot.com/

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 13 Apr 2011 , 1:41am
post #6 of 6

Thanks for posting....they are gorgeous!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%