How To Muchkin House

Decorating By mamakaat Updated 7 Apr 2011 , 1:02pm by CakeCrystals

mamakaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamakaat Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 9:19am
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone, I made a munchkin house, and got many requests to show How i did it. I only took a few pictures during the project, so I can't say It's a complete tutorial. I think it would be a day workshop haha.
The how to is in Dutch on my Blog, http://karenannecakes.blogspot.com/p/how-tos-en-projecten.html

But I will translate here icon_smile.gif.

First picture is actually, step 1,2,3,4 and 5.... they are two cakes stacked. Forgive me if I don't know the translation of the materials...Correct me if you see any mistakes, so I learn icon_smile.gif Bottom cake is 8 inch, 4 inch high. Then cartboard that's two inches wider than the lower cake.(dont' forget the dowels icon_wink.gif Upper cakes are two layers of cake. One was also 8 inch, the other 6. I cut them so it's looks like a rooftop of a toadstool. I cut a piece out of the cartboard, because I needed a break there, but you can leave it for a different effect.

second picture:
You can see it already has a partial crumbcoat. I carved cake form top and bottom and I used it to fill my cartboard balkony, to make the swirly shape of the house. Don't forget to also build this underneath the balkony.
you will no longer see cartboard now...

Third:
Crumbcoat!

fourth:
An extra layer of marzipan or fondant to cover up, and nip and tuck untill you have a nice shaped swirl edge.

fifth:
Than you put on the final layer of marzipan in this case (fondant works fine too) You just keep pulling and smoothering untill you are satisfied with the result.

I paint most of my cakes, because I think that's fun. Use alcohol, (wodka works fine) to make paint with dust. I dusted some area's to make it look a little more lifelike. Decorate as you see fit icon_smile.gif

This a a protective house, legally, like Disney. The design belongs to STUDIO 100 from belgium. You can use it for hobby pusposes only!!!!

Name of the house in Dutch is Kabouter Plop Huis.

Hope you like it! There will be more tutorials on my blog soon icon_smile.gif thanks for looking icon_smile.gif

Karen Anne Groothedde,

Find me on facebook icon_wink.gif

4 replies
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmmmmmmcake1954 Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 9:44am
post #2 of 5

Hi mamkaat, I loved your munchkin house and saved in my favourites thanks for the tutorial, usually I am able to translate blogspots with google, but was not able to do so with yours. thumbs_up.gif

mamakaat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamakaat Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 11:31am
post #3 of 5

Hmm...I wonder why that is. I will take a look at it soon, Because it would be nice if you could translate...

Thx for the compliment!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 12:48pm
post #4 of 5

Thanks for sharing!
The cake is very cute!

CakeCrystals Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeCrystals Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 1:02pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for providing a tutorial for you adorable cake. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%