I'm Baaaaaaack!!!

Lounge By m0use Updated 12 Apr 2011 , 6:48pm by m0use

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 5 Apr 2011 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 11

Hello CC World!

I have been gone for almost 4 years and they seem like 40 icon_cry.gif
I moved into a very tiny 2 bedroom apartment to save some money in the budget. I unfortunately I had NO room in this place to do my hobbies, one of them being cake decorating so I stayed off this site. It hurt my heart to be on this site when I couldn't do anything at home and I sure as heck didn't feel useful or qualified to post responses to stuff. That being said I still did cakes here and there just not as much as I used to.

Hubby and I have purchased our first home and we moved into it about 2 weeks ago. I LOVE my huge kitchen, the cupboards above the countertops go all the way straight to the ceiling icon_eek.gif I have plenty of room to store all my cake pans in my kitchen and not have to keep them packed under a huge pile of stuff in a storage locker.

I know there have been lots of new people on this site since I "left" and I recognize some usernames from when I was on here. So welcome to all the "new" people and HELLO /big hugs to all the "old" people.

icon_biggrin.gif

10 replies
Charmed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Charmed Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 4:17am
post #2 of 11

Welcome back!!

m0use Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 1:23pm
post #3 of 11

Thanks Charmed!

TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 2:03pm
post #4 of 11

Welcome back!

kmdrysdale Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kmdrysdale Posted 6 Apr 2011 , 2:09pm
post #5 of 11

I understand how you feel, I took time off at the end of my pregnancy and missed a few cakes that i really wanted to do but just could not.

I could not imagine stopping for 4 years.

m0use Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 3:48pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdrysdale

I could not imagine stopping for 4 years.

I did a few cakes here and there, mainly only for family and a few for work if I wanted to. But I didn't do anything to progress my abilities icon_sad.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2011 , 5:43pm
post #7 of 11

Welcome back.....

DebBTX Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebBTX Posted 10 Apr 2011 , 12:55am
post #8 of 11

Welcome Back

- Debbie B.

m0use Posted 11 Apr 2011 , 4:10pm
post #9 of 11

So this weekend I made my first cake in my new house!
I felt a little out of practice, but the cakes turned out ok

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 6:02pm
post #10 of 11

Welcome back!! How on earth were you able to stay away so long!!!! I would have gone into withdrawals! icon_biggrin.gif

m0use Posted 12 Apr 2011 , 6:48pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

Welcome back!! How on earth were you able to stay away so long!!!! I would have gone into withdrawals! icon_biggrin.gif

Well Karen, I think my focus switched to FB instead...the only reason why I think this is because I no longer want to be on FB as much since I got back to CC. Also, now that I have my house, I want to do things with the house lol
Like bake more cakes and buy more cake stuff icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%