Planet Cake White Chocolate Ganache

Decorating By nanefy Updated 26 May 2014 , 5:06am by mchull

ellavanilla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellavanilla Posted 28 Apr 2014 , 5:06pm
post #31 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat5 

I have alway had luck using Guittard Choc-Au-Lait chips 3:1 ratio. After blending chips and cream I use my immersion blender to get it really smooth, then I put plastic wrap directly on top and let it sit on the counter overnight or most of the day. If the consistency seems a bit stiff I put it in the microwave for just a few seconds and stir, perfect for covering a cake icon_biggrin.gif I do chill the cake for a few hours before covering with fondant. Hope this helps icon_smile.gif

I actually saw these chips in the store yesterday. I was planning on making sour cream ganache this week. Anyway, those aren't a true white chocolate, but they do have some cocoa butter in them. I'm wondering if this is making the difference in your result. 

Don't forget, ladies, that if cocoa butter isn't the first or second ingredient, it's not really white chocolate. has anyone tried a sour cream ganache?

mchull Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mchull Posted 26 May 2014 , 5:06am
post #32 of 32

I know this thread is a few years old, but I wanted to thank you all for your input!  I was finally able to make a PERFECT white chocolate ganache!  It worked for me by using regular cream (US version) and not "heavy whipping cream". 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%