New To The Forum

Decorating By PTN391 Updated 23 Mar 2011 , 1:25am by PTN391

PTN391 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PTN391 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 1:12am
post #1 of 19

icon_biggrin.gif I am new to the forum,I am here to learn from experienced cake artists. I am not new to pastry. I have been doing pastry for 10 yrs,concentrating on chocolate work,cheesecakes,entremets,molded entremets. I also do artisan candies.I have a home pastry kitchen I built in my basement. I sell all of these creations part time. I have yearned for yrs to learn wedding cakes,theme cakes etc.. I have been studying a old book this weekend Rose Levy's THE CAKE BIBLE. Also reading a lot on this forum. I also dabble in home made ice cream using the classic french method. I became interested in all thing pastry when I finally made my stand against alcoholism,have been sober just over 9yrs. I found I had a aptitude for pastry and it helped me stay focused and sober. That is my story.

18 replies
PTN391 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 2:14am
post #2 of 19

Posted some of my work in the misc cakes section.

judcreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
judcreations Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:43am
post #3 of 19

Hi & welcome to the board. We are always learning new things from each other so if u need any help just ask away. Have a great day.

Judith

PTN391 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:05pm
post #4 of 19

icon_smile.gif Thanks so much,I am here to learn these type of cakes and have learned much already from all of you by reading. These type of cakes are totaly new to me.

fortheloveofcake1984 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fortheloveofcake1984 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:17pm
post #5 of 19

Hi and Welcome to CC!!!
Im a fellow newbie here too and everyone seems to be really nice!

PTN391 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:21pm
post #6 of 19

Nice to know I'm not alone,I,ve been doing pastry work for 10 yrs,mosty entremets,cheesecakes and artisan candies. icon_smile.gif

Sam_paggers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sam_paggers Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:21pm
post #7 of 19

welcome, just had quick look at your pictures and they look fab! icon_smile.gif

sam
xxx

mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:40pm
post #8 of 19

Hell'o and welcome.

tenleysmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tenleysmommy Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:43pm
post #9 of 19

Your cakes look divine!! I would take one of those over a decorated cake any day!!

PTN391 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:50pm
post #10 of 19

Thank you both. I posted them to show I have some skill and a pretty good size pastry kitchen in the basement. My first theme cake I will attmept will be the pregnant belly cake. This is for a shower my sis is throwing,making a practice cake later this wk. I'll also be giving her a molded entremet and one of the round ones for the shower. It's all free because it's for family.

PTN391 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 6:52pm
post #11 of 19

Oh,I make almost all of my decorations out of temperd chocolate,transfer sheets and colored cocoa butter. I have 3 tempers so it's just a matter of practice,chocolate is a contrary substance to work with sometimes. LOL!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 10:03pm
post #12 of 19

Welcome aboard.

Not to try to change your idea for your baby shower cake, but I just fell in love with the baby butt cake when it was shown on here, and so many people have since made it and I love it everytime. I mention this just to let you know that there are sooooo many different ideas people are doing that you may not have seen or heard about.

PTN391 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 10:40pm
post #13 of 19

Thanks i'll take a look at it icon_biggrin.gif

cownsj Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:05pm
post #14 of 19

I just took a look at your cakes. They look very decadent. I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at them.

PTN391 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:14pm
post #15 of 19

Thanks alot! I appreciate it. Was a learningprocess for yrs. Hope I can get decent at these type of cakes people do here. They are a little intimidating to me. icon_eek.gif

PTN391 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:19pm
post #16 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownsj

I just took a look at your cakes. They look very decadent. I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at them.

I havent had a lot of time to look through all the cakes yet but yours are awesome,loved the turkey! Very talented. icon_smile.gif

cownsj Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:28pm
post #17 of 19

thank you. Doing the whole turkey dinner as dessert was loads of fun for us both. My husbands family was shocked when we put out the "dessert".. icon_eek.gif

Don't worry about being able to do these types of cakes. You learned the other types to do, and do very well, so you'll pick up on this. You'll be amazed at just how much you can learn on the forums here. And anytime we've had questions, there has always been someone here to help us out. And inspiration comes from all over on here. It's nice being in a place where people want to help you improve and don't feel like you are a threat to them. thumbs_up.gif

mommynana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommynana Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 11:54pm
post #18 of 19

Hello, and welcome, Your cakes are beautiful !! And cownsj, is right you got to look at those baby butt cakes, they are adorable, Im dieing to make one. But i have to wait till someone has a baby...ha ha

PTN391 Posted 23 Mar 2011 , 1:25am
post #19 of 19

Thank you both,very kind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%