Luster Dust?

Decorating By kellies_CAKES Updated 19 Mar 2011 , 10:38pm by cakeandpartygirl

kellies_CAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kellies_CAKES Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 10:24pm
post #1 of 3

so, I'm just startin out in my custom cake adventure lol.

Probably a superr amateur question but here goes nothin haha.

I've seen on shows such as ace of cakes, cake boss n fabulous cakes etc. That they mix a luster dust? With alcohol to create a metallic look on what they happen to be painting. I.e. A metal pot, when doing a lobster boil cake. Or perhaps a tiara.

My question is: is it called LUSTER dust?
Like if I google it, that's what I'd put?

2 replies
icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 10:29pm
post #2 of 3 sells it. Luster dust, Pearl dust, pixie dust, petal dust, etc. Look at their site. hth

cakeandpartygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeandpartygirl Posted 19 Mar 2011 , 10:38pm
post #3 of 3

Here are some you tube tutorials:

Quote by @%username% on %date%