Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

Baking By kjskid Updated 18 Mar 2011 , 2:25pm by MariaK38

kjskid Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjskid Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:13pm
post #1 of 7

I'm trying to learn how to make cone cupcakes. Some sites say to put batter in the cones and bake and some site say to put the batter in a muffin tin then put the cone on top (upside down). What do all you experts say is the best way? icon_smile.gif Thanks!

6 replies
cupcakemkr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakemkr Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:32pm
post #2 of 7

I've only done it 1 way - batter in the cone and they came out great. Just whatever you do, don't overfill the cone icon_smile.gif

cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:41pm
post #3 of 7

I did it the other way. I place MM's in the bottom of the cone then stuffed with cupcakes I had baked separtately, added icing and done. My son had them prior to with MM's in the bottom and loved the special treat. Plus I was worried about the texture of the cone after the cupcakes had bake in them.

It is my understanding that it can be done either way. I think it is a preference thing.

Davwattie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Davwattie Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 3:51pm
post #4 of 7

Ive done them by putting cake mix straight into the cone(only half fill) and then bake as normal in the oven.

Kids love them.

LaurenLuLu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaurenLuLu Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 11:37am
post #5 of 7

It depends upon what you intend for the texture of your cone. The batter baked in the cone softens it a bit it to give almost a stale feel. Baking a cupcake and placing it in the top of the cone keeps the cone crisp.

LittleMonster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleMonster Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 11:57am
post #6 of 7

I prefer to bake it right in the cone, and I fill it right to where the cup meets the cone (I hope that makes sense!) so that it just barely puffs out of the cone when it's finished. =]

MariaK38 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MariaK38 Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 2:25pm
post #7 of 7

I use the special pans that kupcake konz has, they're great! And they can be used for transporting them, too!

here's a link...

http://www.kupcakekonz.com/categories.php

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%