Wavy Fondant

Decorating By am_dover Updated 17 Mar 2011 , 4:48am by JanH

am_dover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
am_dover Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 4:36am
post #1 of 2

I am new to the forum, and to making cakes. icon_biggrin.gif
I am trying to teach myself a lot of new tricks and take chances with each cake I make.
I would like to try something new with fondant in a couple weeks.
Does anyone know how to make a "wavy fondant" cake? And if there is a real name for this technique, I came up with my own.

Here is a pic of what I would like to achieve. The blue part on the top tier.
Thanks again

1 reply
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 17 Mar 2011 , 4:48am
post #2 of 2

Hi and Welcome to CC, am_dover. icon_smile.gif

The technique is a scalloped fondant border:



Quote by @%username% on %date%