Need Ideas For Boy Scout Becoming Eagle Scout

Decorating By 1-2few Updated 22 Mar 2011 , 3:46pm by crystalina1977

1-2few Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1-2few Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 3:25am
post #1 of 10

When I Googled this subject, I came across a cached website link at cakecentral.com for several cakes. Couldn't access it because I wasn't a member. Now that I am a member, I can't find anything on the subject. Anyone know where I can find some photos of cakes along this theme? Here is the cached link that I'd tried, in case someone can tell me how to access it. cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6656613.html

9 replies
la_Torta_Dulce Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
la_Torta_Dulce Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 4:03am
post #2 of 10

It's a forum. I copied and pasted your link and it came right up. If you are looking for images, go to the gallery and search by keyword. HTH

Margieluvstobake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Margieluvstobake Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 8:03am
post #3 of 10

I did a cake for my son and three other scouts when they had their Eagle ceremony. I did a rectangular cake with a frozen buttercream transfer of an eagle head (got the picture off the boyscout website) and then an edible image of the boys. It is in my pictures. There are lots of other Eagle scout cakes on this site. Just search for them. Good luck with your cake!!

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 1:21am
post #4 of 10

You can also do a search under google images.

1-2few Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 3:41am
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemommy0721

It's a forum. I copied and pasted your link and it came right up. If you are looking for images, go to the gallery and search by keyword. HTH

Yeh, it did for me too, after I read your response. I don't know why I got the response that I did the first time. I did find the images for Scout cakes in the gallery, but not by using search. That yielded nothing. They were buried under some obscure grouping that I found, after several false paths. There are a lot of very nice cakes shown & I've gotten lots of ideas. Thanks for your response.

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1-2few Posted 14 Mar 2011 , 10:28pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChRiStY_71

You can also do a search under google images.

Good suggestion. I'd done a straight Google but never thought of trying Google Images (hadn't previously had a need for images where I thought that would help). I have now done that & came up with a whole bunch of good stuff. Some was useless, but the majority was just what I was looking for. In my old age, sometimes my mind needs a little prod. Thanks for a simple, straightforward & useful answer. Dave

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 21 Mar 2011 , 7:40pm
post #8 of 10

i did two different eagle scout cakes, you could look at my gallery - i hope this helps.

1-2few Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 1:20am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalina1977

i did two different eagle scout cakes, you could look at my gallery - i hope this helps.

Thanks Cristalina1977. Nice cakes & gave me some ideas for mine. I couldn't tell from the photos how you did the large lettering. Were the letters made on top of the plaque (icing?) or were they cutouts, with a darker gumpaste under the white?

crystalina1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalina1977 Posted 22 Mar 2011 , 3:46pm
post #10 of 10

I used my alphabet cutters to make a slight imprint on the plaque itself and then painted the letters with black food coloring mixed with something - clear alchohol or clear extract of some type I can't really remember now.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%