Mini Cricut Cake Quit Working.. .help...

Decorating By luckylibra Updated 31 Jan 2013 , 10:03pm by Katis_Kakes

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 1:22am
post #1 of 12

I was trying to download the firmware updates from cricut design studio so I could try the Make the Cut software.. loaded the first part and it said I had to load another then it just wouldn't seem to take the second one.. I turned the cricut off and when I turn it back on the lights on the buttons come on but not the lcd display and the blade assembly does not move...any suggestions. I called provo craft and they walked me through a reset, which I did and they said to wait 15 minutes and turn it back on... I did.. nothing.. and of course now they are closed.. Any assistance is appreciated. Thanks
Colleen

11 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 1:29am
post #2 of 12

Mine did the same thing. I started the download process over again and it worked the 2nd time. I can't gurantee this will work but it worked for me.

luckylibra Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 8:56pm
post #3 of 12

It did not work.. called Cricut again... they said to select the cricut create for the firmware not cricut personal cutter and it will work... trying that now.. I did let the clerk know that it might be beneficial if they listed all the macines they have so you don't have to guess which is the correct firmware application to choose.. she agreed and said she would make note.. who knows.. I will post if it works or not.

luckylibra Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 9:38pm
post #4 of 12

that has appeared to fix it but now I am afraid to try MTC... because if that messes up my cricut it will not be covered..

tiggy2 Posted 11 Mar 2011 , 9:48pm
post #5 of 12

Mine works fine with make the cut. I don't know how software can mess up the machine. I think they just want you to keep buying cartridges.

KezzfromOz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KezzfromOz Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 10:06am
post #6 of 12

I was going through it again, and again, it would install the second update and then hang.
I'd read somewhere that I should install the personal - but the cricut create worked.

I was having a heart attack, because I'm in Australia, bought the machine in the US, so had no warranty and I've only used it once!

It's up and running and I appreciate your help.

tiggy2 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 11:58am
post #7 of 12

Since Provocraft sued MTC it will no longer work with the cricut if you have updated MTC or the firmware on the cricut after 3/16/11. They are also suing SCAL so it will no longer work.

KezzfromOz Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 12:18pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Since Provocraft sued MTC it will no longer work with the if you have updated MTC or the firmware on the after 3/16/11. They are also suing SCAL so it will no longer work.

It will no longer work if you update the firmware, if you get SCAL or MTC working then just don't update any more.

I'm using SCAL2 and the Cricut Cake Mini - got it working a dream, but as opposed to updating the Cricut firmware and selecting the Cricut Create model, I found when cutting with SCAL2 I had to select cut with the Cricut Personal.

I'm a happy girl!

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 12:24pm
post #9 of 12

Try to restore your computer to the day before you updated or go to the add/remove programs and see if you can remove the update there.

tiggy2 Posted 5 Jun 2011 , 12:40pm
post #10 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by KezzfromOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiggy2

Since Provocraft sued MTC it will no longer work with the if you have updated MTC or the firmware on the after 3/16/11. They are also suing SCAL so it will no longer work.

It will no longer work if you update the firmware, if you get SCAL or MTC working then just don't update any more.

I'm using SCAL2 and the Cake Mini - got it working a dream, but as opposed to updating the firmware and selecting the Create model, I found when cutting with SCAL2 I had to select cut with the Personal.

I'm a happy girl!

That's pretty much what I said............don't update software or cricut.

KezzfromOz Posted 6 Jun 2011 , 9:33pm
post #11 of 12

Lol - sorry - I thought you were saying it didn't work at all, bwahahahaha - my bad, I was excited and finally getting it to work.

Katis_Kakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katis_Kakes Posted 31 Jan 2013 , 10:03pm
post #12 of 12

I know this thread is old but I need help. I just got a circut cake and can't get it to work with SCAL 2. I could use anyones help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%