Lace

Decorating By jessiqua7 Updated 12 Mar 2011 , 9:16am by sweettreat101

jessiqua7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jessiqua7 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:33pm
post #1 of 6

Hi all,
I am new to all this and was wondering how you make the beautiful look of lace on cakes? I can't imagine someone spending hours free-handing all the lace little by little. Is there some kind of mold or stencil to make the lace look realistic or so perfect? Some even look like a real peice of lace is laying on the cake but its not. I attached a photo of an example of the lace work I am talking about.
Thanks for help,
Jessiqua icon_smile.gif

okay so, i can't figure out why, but my photo wont upload.. sorry

5 replies
BrindysBackyard Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrindysBackyard Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:45pm
post #2 of 6

a lot of lace is made with molds. on the home page of CC under the newest cake recipes there is a tutorial on how to make your own lace mold. you can also buy them at http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=689&s=&name=Molds,%20Forms,%20CelShapes/Molds
HTH

joycesdaughter111 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joycesdaughter111 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 6

Welcome,

Some people even use Martha Stewart's lace punches meant for paper, but you have to make sure your fondant/gumpaste is really thin and air dried for 10-15 mins so it's not too sticky. thumbs_up.gif

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 10 Mar 2011 , 9:14pm
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiqua7

okay so, i can't figure out why, but my photo wont upload.. sorry

Sometimes there's a glitch and won't work... can you post a link to your example?

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 9:11am
post #5 of 6

I purchased mine at caljava online. You might also be talking about sugarveil. I havn't tried it yet but it is beautiful.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 12 Mar 2011 , 9:16am
post #6 of 6

I have to make a wedding cake for a friend next weekend and was looking through cake pictures on this site when I came acrossed this picture. I remembered purchasing this lace mold two years ago and haven't been able to use it on a cake yet. After showing her this picture she was sold. I will be using cranberry luster dust pearls instead of the gold pictured, white butter cream and stargazer lilies. Hopefully it will look half as beautiful as the picture I found on CC. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1311629

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%