How Do I Use This Cricut Cake Machine?!?!?

Decorating By Nailady Updated 18 Mar 2011 , 3:04am by bonniekaye

Nailady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nailady Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 6:54pm
post #1 of 8

I have watched the dvd & read the instructions and I still can't figure out how to get it to make letters & numbers. I am so aggrivated. I found some step by step info somewhere, & thought I marked it or sent it to myself, but can't find it anywhere. I would appreciate some help, any help that I can get. I was able to use it to cut out general shapes but I REALLY want to use it to write out names and phrases.
Thanks for your help! icon_confused.gif

7 replies
MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 8

Check out LInda McClure youtube tutorials

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 9 Mar 2011 , 8:49pm
post #4 of 8

You may also want to look into Make the Cut or Sure Cuts a Lot.

Nailady Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 12:58am
post #5 of 8

Thank you, to each one of you, for your help. I will check into ALL of these suggestions.

apetricek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
apetricek Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 1:20am
post #6 of 8

I got mine for Christmas...I tried soooo many times to make that damn thing work, that I honestly lost count. I did everything that I could think of, even bought the premade sheets...and still I couldn't get one damn thing to cut. I packed it back in the box, and it is on my supply rack...sometime when I am bored I will try again, I feel completely beaten by that red machine!!!!

Nailady Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 2:00am
post #7 of 8

apetricek, You make me LOL!!! I got it to work, I even rolled out fondant myself and it worked great! I just can't figure out how to get it to do the simple phrases and letters and numbers. There's no little pad that has the letters on it. I guess it's all secret code or something. Anyway, thanks and maybe pull it out just one more time and give it another try. icon_smile.gif

bonniekaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniekaye Posted 18 Mar 2011 , 3:04am
post #8 of 8

If you want to cut out letters and phrases then you need to but a cartridge with the letters. If you would like to use the fonts on your computer then you need to purchase a program called SCAL or sure cuts alot. You usd to be able to use the one I like called MTC or make the cut but provo craft sued the makers of MTC so you can no longer purchase that program for the cricut.

If you don't want to buy expensive cartridges then buy the best machines for cake decorating- the Silhouette.

I use my electronic cutters in my shop every day and get great results cutting gum paste or icing sheets.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%