The Judge On Cupcake Wars Really Needs To Fact Check...

Lounge By baking_fool Updated 15 Mar 2011 , 7:11pm by mim1106

mim1106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mim1106 Posted 15 Mar 2011 , 7:11pm
post #31 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by tryingcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebrina

And as far as being southern, I live in Florida. Any further south & your gonna have to swim! icon_lol.gif

It's so weird, and I can't explain why, so don't ask... and I agree it's fickle....

We never consider Florida "Southern". Yes, geographically it is. In attitude, no. I even have a lot of family in Ohio and NYC that don't consider Florida a Southern State. It's just happens to be down in the southern region of the United States. When I have visited Florida, the strangers I've met don't "act" Southern or sound southern. Don't even ask me to explain that one!

I think it's because Florida is known as a state (as a whole, not in part) for a lot of transplants, between the Military, retirees from up North and the Cuban/Latin communities, it's just not considered a Southern State.

Yeah, I know - raise your eyebrows at me... icon_rolleyes.gif

Ya'll have obviously never met my husband's family. They are from Tallahassee and are the most southern people I've ever met in my life! My mother in law acts like a proper southern woman, but is in the woods every chance she gets (she outhunts my FIL) icon_lol.gif
I can see the Miami area not being considered "southern", but not the whole state of FL. The panhandle is called the "Redneck Riviera"
I'm not from FL, btw, I am from KY.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%