Cakes And The Law -_-

Business By Binkss Updated 6 Mar 2011 , 9:37pm by DanaG21

Binkss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Binkss Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 6:34pm
post #1 of 4

so ive been trying to start a small business with cakes and making them at my house and occasionally posting a stand in a carnival or something. The problem is i have no clue how to start. i'm confused about the whole food permit you have to get so they wont shut down your food stand and my advertising skills arnt so great. help?

3 replies
costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 4

I don't think that you can have a licensed kitchen in your home in California, so you would probably need to rent a kitchen somewhere if you wanted to do that. You should check with your local health department to see what the regulations are for your area, they're different in every state.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 9:10pm
post #3 of 4

They are different in every state and sometimes they even vary by what county you live in. Your best bet is to contact your local health department as costumeczar has suggested.

DanaG21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DanaG21 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 4

Look online at your county, city and/or state website. That is usually the best place to start. You could even Google it and probably get a ton of threads from here about that subject!

Quote by @%username% on %date%