Walmart Cakes

Decorating By shari22 Updated 8 Mar 2011 , 3:05am by leily

shari22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shari22 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 3:15pm
post #1 of 8

What cake mix does Walmart use to bake their cakes?

7 replies
ljdills Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ljdills Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 8

Their cakes come into the store already baked, frozen and they simply take them out of the freezer and decorate.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 8:36pm
post #3 of 8

As mentioned above they're cakes come in frozen.

Not sure what cake in particular you are talking about, but the sheet cakes that they decorate are made by Pillsbury. I don't know if pillsbury uses the same recipe as their cake mixes or if they have acontract with wal-mart for a different recipe.

If it's another cake that they have then it depends on the cake on where it came from.

cabecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cabecakes Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 8

No wonder I don't like Walmart cakes. I don't like Pillsbury Cake Mix either. Whenever I use a cake mix I alway use Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe and doctor it. I think Pillsbury is just to dry and tastes like sawdust. DH is a lot moister.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 4 Mar 2011 , 11:26pm
post #5 of 8

I don't know why Wal-Mart would order their frozen sheet cakes from another supplier than their rounds, and I can't answer for all Wal-Marts in all areas, but they do receive round cake shipments from Best Brands-based in Minnesota (now owned by CSM-based in the Netherlands).

leily Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 5:35am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

I don't know why Wal-Mart would order their frozen sheet cakes from another supplier than their rounds, and I can't answer for all Wal-Marts in all areas, but they do receive round cake shipments from Best Brands-based in Minnesota (now owned by CSM-based in the Netherlands).

I don't know why they do either, maybe Pillsbury doesn't make the rounds? My guess is it came down to price.

I've worked in three different wal-mart bakeries and we got the rounds for wedding cakes from Best Brands, and the sheet cakes came in boxes with Pillsbury name on them.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 6 Mar 2011 , 6:42am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

...we got the rounds for wedding cakes from Best Brands...

Interesting. What about the rounds for non-wedding cakes? Also from Best Brands?

leily Posted 8 Mar 2011 , 3:05am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Quote:
Originally Posted by leily

...we got the rounds for wedding cakes from Best Brands...

Interesting. What about the rounds for non-wedding cakes? Also from Best Brands?

We didn't order rounds for any other cakes. All other round cakes came in premade and already decorated.....

Oh wait... we did get rounds in (how silly of me, i think they were 7"... ) how could i forget ALLL of those bunny's at easter time that we had to do??? Now that you say that those did come from best brands, along with the cupcakes. I think at the time the single layer 7" rounds were like $5 so they were a pretty big seller for those who didn't want a "big" 1/4 sheet cake LOL.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%