Cupcake Liner Loosing Design?

Baking By jlcakes Updated 2 Mar 2011 , 2:01am by jlcakes

jlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlcakes Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 7

Hi ! I made some chocolate cupcakes in cupcake liners from Micheals (I think it was the celebration brand). When they came out of the oven, most of the pattern had disappeared and just looked messy. The actual cupcake was fine, it's a recipe I use all the time. Has anyone else had this problem with patterned cupcake liners? I love the design and would love to be able to use them... any suggestions?
Thanks!

6 replies
AmyBee89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyBee89 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 1:18am
post #2 of 7

This happens to me all the time with the Michaelss one-- you need grease resistant papers, which are a bit more expensive, but you can find them at the grocery store or online. (Reynolds brands makes the ones I find at the grocery store)

AmyBee89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyBee89 Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 1:19am
post #3 of 7

In case you're interested, in my picture of the football cupcakes the black and white papered ones are grease resistant, and the blue ones (though they barely look blue) are the Michael's ones. I've also heard of people sticking a second one over it when they're done baking.

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1933484/1933493

sewsugarqueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsugarqueen Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 12:40pm
post #4 of 7

Have you thought of putting a plain white liner inside colour liner? This way the design is against white . I know it means you have to use 2 cupcake liners but I just buy the supercheap white . Don't know if this will help. ( Be careful taking them out the outer liner sometimes slips off

jlcakes Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 11:34pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks, those are all good ideas.
For my upcoming order, I just bought more expensive ones online. I would like to try to white liner underneath idea, it sounds like it would work!

VCVCCupcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VCVCCupcakes Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 1:34am
post #6 of 7

I love the liners from Sutton gourmet papers... they are grease proof and look amazing!

jlcakes Posted 2 Mar 2011 , 2:01am
post #7 of 7

I just checked out their website, it looks amazing! And the shipping is so cheap compared to lots of the online stores I've looked at!) I will definitely be putting in some orders icon_smile.gif Thanks!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%