Beer Bottle Shaped Cake?

Decorating By gemmap Updated 3 Mar 2011 , 9:56am by gemmap

gemmap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemmap Posted 28 Feb 2011 , 2:30pm
post #1 of 5

Hi

I am new here so Hello to everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

I am making a birthday cake for a friend and she wants a Stella Artois beer bottle cake, for her husbands 50th birthday next week.

I have a kind of idea how i can go about making this but as I've never even attempted something like this, I was hoping for some advice / tips on the best way to make it.
Such as how to get the correct shape with the cake, the best way to make the labels etc.

Any advice would be very much appreciated icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks
Gem

4 replies
gemmap Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 5

can anyone help with this please?

Google isnt bringing up much help at all thumbsdown.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 5:32pm
post #3 of 5
cowie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cowie Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 5

I have made a beer bottle cake before. What I did was have an actual beer bottle in front of me, it wasn't the same kind of beer but it was still the same shape. Then I used a 9"x13" pan (could use any size) and carved the bottle shape out of it. It wasn't perfect by any means, however, once I iced it I was able to fill in any lumps or bumps. Then for the label I used google image and brought up the right label and used that as a template. Some of the details I left out because it was going to be way too hard to make it look right. Everyone loved it! Good luck!

gemmap Posted 3 Mar 2011 , 9:56am
post #5 of 5

Thankyou both for the help icon_smile.gif

I have the actual beer bottle so i can copy it and i have also got the label from Google.

I have a good idea of what i am doing now, so will post some pics once i have finished it! Fingers crossed it comes out OK. lol

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%