Will This Look Too Much Like A Wedding Cake?

Decorating By springlakecake Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 9:16pm by springlakecake

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 5

I am doing a birthday cake for a friend for a small party. I don't have a lot of time so I was thinking of doing a small two tier cake and adding some fresh flowers. Do you think it would look to much like a wedding cake? thanks

4 replies
cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 8:30pm
post #2 of 5

You do such beautiful work that I'm sure your friend will LOVE anything you make for her! Maybe if you went with really bright assorted colours and added a fun ribbon it would make it less "weddingish"?

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 8:31pm
post #3 of 5

I think it depends on your colour scheme....go for something bright and fun and it will look more 'birthday'.

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 8:33pm
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrycakes

You do such beautiful work that I'm sure your friend will LOVE anything you make for her! Maybe if you went with really bright assorted colours and added a fun ribbon it would make it less "weddingish"?

Beat me to it! Great minds must think alike!

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 9:16pm
post #5 of 5

thanks! I went to the florist thinking the same thing and they didnt really have any flowers I liked in teh colors I liked. I was thinking like bright pink and orange or something. I think I am going to go a different route or I'll have to go to another store.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%