Crumbs/sprinkles/magnolia

Baking By babypooh Updated 22 Feb 2011 , 2:12am by JenFailla

babypooh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
babypooh Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 8:58pm
post #1 of 4

My husband gave me an article that said that all three bakeries will be in Chicago. Crumbs and Sprinkles are there already and Magnolia will be coming soon. The article had a smaller bakery there who I must say must feel awful. In Georgetown, Sprinkles is opened up around the corner from DC cupcakes. I thought about opening up a small bakery, but I really had to think long and hard. These big bakeries, in some cases open up because its in a major city, and in the DC case, waits until you have blown up and here they come. Its a little scary, even though you may make a better product how can you compete and stay in business.

3 replies
rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 12:27am
post #2 of 4

The only good thing for the smaller bakeries that have quality cupcakes is that at least IMHO all 3 of these bakeries- their cupcakes suck. Yes, I had tried them all. It's all hype! It's ridiculous the lines people make to get to eat one of these. Ugh!

DyMakesCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DyMakesCake Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 2:00am
post #3 of 4

I agree.....my boss at work recently has a cupcake from a big name shop and he said it was horrible, very dry and very little frosting. He said it was definitely not work the $4.

JenFailla Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenFailla Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 2:12am
post #4 of 4

I'd have to agree about the big guys not having that great of a product. I used to live in NYC and have been to Crumbs and Magnolia- The first time I had either of them I really couldn't figure out what the hype was. People may go to those stores because they are well known, but they won't return if they don't like it. I'm sure your stuff is great- and people will keep coming back for more! Good luck!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%