Where To Start With Being Licensed In Will County Il To Bake

Lounge By tybrimom Updated 24 Feb 2011 , 4:10am by BRCandies

tybrimom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tybrimom Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone! I was hoping somebody out there could tell me what the process and requirements are to open my own business out of my house? Any advice is appreciated!


3 replies
DsLady614 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DsLady614 Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 1:07am
post #2 of 4

If I'm not mistaken, you cannot sell out of your home in Illinois. Call your local health department. That's a good place to start.

Sangriacupcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sangriacupcake Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 3:16am
post #3 of 4

Nope, not allowed in Illinois. You would have to rent a commercial kitchen. (I live in DuPage County)

BRCandies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BRCandies Posted 24 Feb 2011 , 4:10am
post #4 of 4

In Illinois,,,,,you have to have a seperate kitchen in your house to legally sell. I am getting a commerical kitchen addition to our house in the spring. Check with your Will County health dept for further help. My county HD was very helpful in this process.

Quote by @%username% on %date%