Loyal Star Tip #17

Decorating By QuadCities Updated 30 Apr 2011 , 10:17pm by Tzoavva

QuadCities Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QuadCities Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 6:22pm
post #1 of 26

I read that someone was looking for this tip an so was I ..

I went on ebay and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Loyal-S.....2a05f4d343.

Or bakeryfixptyltd < this is the person selling them .. they are $2.88 U.S.$

Look luck & hope this helps ...

25 replies
QuadCities Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 8:07pm
post #2 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geneseo

I read that someone was looking for this tip an so was I ..

I went on ebay and found this:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Loyal-S.....2a05f4d343.

Or bakeryfixptyltd < this is the person selling them .. they are $2.88 U.S.$

Look luck & hope this helps ...

SORRY: It's *GOOD* Luck not Look Luck

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 8:25pm
post #3 of 26

Tried looking up the link but got an ebay page with the message "item not avail." icon_mad.gif

QuadCities Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 10:02pm
post #4 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by gscout73

Tried looking up the link but got an ebay page with the message "item not avail." icon_mad.gif

Okay, go to that link again when it comes up stating this is not avail .. go up hit on the EBAY then the ebay page should come up.. when it does.. go an put in the search area Loyal #17 piping tip or nozzle.. it should boom right up ..

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 10:16pm
post #5 of 26

The one offered in Australia?

QuadCities Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 10:20pm
post #6 of 26
Quote:

Quote:

Okay, go to that link again when it comes up stating this is not avail .. go up hit on the EBAY then the ebay page should come up.. when it does.. go an put in the search area Loyal #17 piping tip or nozzle.. it should boom right up ..

I just ordered 2tips .. for 2tips & shipping it was $20.70 .. They better be good for $10.35 a piece ... I've been wanting this tip for a very long time .. so now I hope I'm happy ... Plus, I never thought I would pay this much for a plastic tip/nozzle ...

QuadCities Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 10:25pm
post #7 of 26
Quote:

The one offered in Australia?

Yes, this is the only place I found these was on AU-Ebay ..

momsgoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momsgoodies Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 11:44pm
post #8 of 26

Looks very similar to the Ateco 869 tip. Can someone post a cupcake or something decorated with this tip??

Thank you!!!!

Evoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Evoir Posted 20 Feb 2011 , 11:52pm
post #9 of 26

They are an Australian brand, and yes, being plastic (and paying that much for one!) I would recommend you be careful with storing and cleaning the tip.

I suspect you can find similar in Wilton, perhaps? I use all different types of tips, but I like Loyals for piping masses of buttercream swirls etc, using a big disposable piping bag and one of these Loyal tips (no coupler) in the tip of the bag.

HTH

QuadCities Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 12:15am
post #10 of 26

[quote="Evoir"]They are an Australian brand, and yes, being plastic (and paying that much for one!) I would recommend you be careful with storing and cleaning the tip.

I suspect you can find similar in Wilton, perhaps? I use all different types of tips, but I like Loyals for piping masses of buttercream swirls etc, using a big disposable piping bag and one of these Loyal tips (no coupler) in the tip of the bag.

HTH[/quote

I'm one that always has to live & learn .. I'll find out .. I got a box to put them in . Will I do this again ... NO! .. My son would take this computer away from me if he found out .. LOL !! He thinks I'm crazy now because of what I spend for cake supplies etc .. Thanks for your in-put, I never can get enough some days ..

infinitsky Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
infinitsky Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 1:55am
post #11 of 26

Ladies I am sorry, but I have some bad news!!! icon_sad.gif

You can buy those tips in U.S. for much much less $$$....

I purchased a set of 4 of those plastic tips (not the #17) from Ace Mart restaurant supply store for less than $3.00 or even maybe for less than $2.00, I can not remember.

Then I googled and found the supplier in U.S. and purchased a set of 12 piping tips (including #17) in a proper storage box for $13.55 + shipping (reasonable shipping).

Check thier site and if you still can you might want to cancel your e-bay order and purchase from them.

http://www.sonridgeonline.com/product/9849&cfid=19247793&cftoken=95827411/12-large-polypropylene-piping-tips-and-set-1.htm

Again, I am sorry if this is not good news! icon_redface.gif

luckylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luckylibra Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 2:17am
post #12 of 26

It looks to me like the wilton 1M would be the same... I am going to go make some swirls and see ...icon_smile.gif

I didn't have any cupcakes.. but here is an idea of 1M and 1C.. stupid 1B picture won't load and it is my favorite.. lol

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1948553

QuadCities Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 7:06pm
post #13 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitsky

I purchased a set of 4 of those plastic tips (not the #17) from Ace Mart restaurant supply store for less than $3.00 or even maybe for less than $2.00, I can not remember.

Then I googled and found the supplier in U.S. and purchased a set of 12 piping tips (including #17) in a proper storage box for $13.55 + shipping (reasonable shipping).

Check thier site and if you still can you might want to cancel your e-bay order and purchase from them.

http://www.sonridgeonline.com/product/9849&cfid=19247793&cftoken=95827411/12-large-polypropylene-piping-tips-and-set-1.htm

Well, it is an then it is not .. I'm hoping Ebay has not done anything yet that I can cancel .. BUT, if not I got 2 expensive tips .. I want to thank you for website .. Isn't this the way it always goes .. The news comes in after the fact .. Em

QuadCities Posted 21 Feb 2011 , 8:29pm
post #14 of 26
Quote:

Quote:

Well, it is an then it is not .. I'm hoping Ebay has not done anything yet that I can cancel .. BUT, if not I got 2 expensive tips .. I want to thank you for website .. Isn't this the way it always goes .. The news comes in after the fact .. Em

I lucked out .. I got it canceled ..

Evoir Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 12:00am
post #15 of 26

Ya know, just to add this to the conversation...I have never seen a Tip 17 in the Loyal tips. The largest I have seen is an 11 or 13 I am positive. And that was massive. I think the closest to the 1M is the 7, and this type does not have as deep a cut into the star as the 1M.

Evoir Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 12:00am
post #16 of 26

Ya know, just to add this to the conversation...I have never seen a Tip 17 in the Loyal tips. The largest I have seen is an 11 or 13 I am positive. And that was massive. I think the closest to the 1M is the 7, and this type does not have as deep a cut into the star as the 1M.

infinitsky Posted 22 Feb 2011 , 7:07pm
post #17 of 26
Quote:

I lucked out .. I got it canceled ..

I'm glad it worked for you! thumbs_up.gif

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 10:43am
post #18 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

They do exist, I have at least 5 of them icon_wink.gif
and I used one of them in this vid

boonenati Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
boonenati Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 10:45am
post #19 of 26

Oh and one more thing, none of the big Wilton tips are even close to the size of the Loyal tips. The 17 refers to the diameter of the opening, for this tip, which is the largest Loyal one, the opening is 17mm icon_biggrin.gif

QuadCities Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 5:21pm
post #20 of 26
Quote:

Hello, Hope your well & all is GREAT!!

I wanted to email you to let you know I got my box set (#17) yesterday from that company .. I can not wait to use #17 to see how much difference there will be .. Again THANK YOU for posting that website .. Emma

Evoir Posted 26 Apr 2011 , 11:46pm
post #21 of 26

Cool! Thanks Nati icon_smile.gif My cake deco store simply doesn't stock above a 13, but after I posted the above post ages ago I did see some online on the Loyal site icon_smile.gif I now have an idea for a few uses for this massive tip!!

QuadCities Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:05am
post #22 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evoir

Cool! Thanks Nati icon_smile.gif My cake deco store simply doesn't stock above a 13, but after I posted the above post ages ago I did see some online on the Loyal site icon_smile.gif I now have an idea for a few uses for this massive tip!!

Hope you share your uses with photo's .. thumbs_up.gif

infinitsky Posted 27 Apr 2011 , 2:27pm
post #23 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuadCities

[Hello, Hope your well & all is GREAT!!

I wanted to email you to let you know I got my box set (#17) yesterday from that company .. I can not wait to use #17 to see how much difference there will be .. Again THANK YOU for posting that website .. Emma

You are welcome, I am happy everything worked well for you. icon_smile.gif

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 11:31am
post #24 of 26

The tips are Pastrycook tips not cake decorating tips

Look at Thermohauser Of America
12 Large Polypropylene Piping Tips - Set #1 includes:

* 4 star style piping tips (10mm, 13mm, 15mm, and 17mm )
* 4 hole style piping tips (13mm, 15mm, 17mm and 19mm )
* 4 garnishing piping tips (leaf, double hole, rose, flute)

http://www.sonridgeonline.com/product/9849/12-large-polypropylene-piping-tips-and-set-1.htm

These are cheaper:
http://www.globeequipment.com/Vendors/Thermohauser-Of-America/Kitchen-Supplies/Baking-Supplies/Pastry-And-Baking-Utensils/31893

QuadCities Posted 28 Apr 2011 , 5:45pm
post #25 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by auzzi

The tips are Pastrycook tips not cake decorating tips

Look at Thermohauser Of America
12 Large Polypropylene Piping Tips - Set #1 includes:

* 4 star style piping tips (10mm, 13mm, 15mm, and 17mm )
* 4 hole style piping tips (13mm, 15mm, 17mm and 19mm )
* 4 garnishing piping tips (leaf, double hole, rose, flute)

http://www.sonridgeonline.com/product/9849/12-large-polypropylene-piping-tips-and-set-1.htm

These are cheaper:
http://www.globeequipment.com/Vendors/Thermohauser-Of-America/Kitchen-Supplies/Baking-Supplies/Pastry-And-Baking-Utensils/31893

The globe equipment is cheaper but it's the shipping that kills the cheap part .. This site your saving a little over a dollar..... Thanks for your in-put on what you call the tips..

Tzoavva Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tzoavva Posted 30 Apr 2011 , 10:17pm
post #26 of 26

I just bought a 6B from Wilton today at AC Moore and it is bigger than the 1M I wonder how it compares to the 17 loyal tip. I was about to order it but came across the wilton one today so holding off for now to see if the compore. I paid $1.49 for it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%