Anemone-Flower

Decorating By DebsCakes55 Updated 18 Feb 2011 , 12:47am by DebsCakes55

DebsCakes55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebsCakes55 Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 11:59pm
post #1 of 5

Hi everyone in cake land! I'm new to this website but I know I'll love it and be around forever. I've been in this business for over 40 years and worked with some pretty wonderful pastry chefs. About a5 years ago I got tired of working for other people and have my own cake business now. But I am posting today to see if anyone here might have a tutorial on how to make an anemone flower? I have made man different kinds of gum paste flowers and I think I could maybe 'wing it' but I would rather have instructions in front of me. Would probably be a whole lot easier!!! lol If anyone has had any experience with these beautiful white flowers with the black middles would you please post?? Thank you icon_smile.gif deb icon_smile.gif

4 replies
annie84 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie84 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:07am
post #2 of 5

Hi Debs!

This is the tutorial I used the first time I made anemones, they are super easy!

http://www.pastryna.com/DigitalEdition/Digital_NA_09_1.html

The tutorial starts on page 68. I have some examples of how they turn out in my photos.

sweetcakesbyjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakesbyjen Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:11am
post #3 of 5

I love youtube for things like this.. Here are some links to help you.

tamiscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebsCakes55 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebsCakes55 Posted 18 Feb 2011 , 12:47am
post #5 of 5

I will use every single tip I got in reply! I think I'm gonna like it here! Maybe a little tooo much hehehehe.... great excuse to sit down!
Thanks again everyone! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%