Can I Start Now, Lollypop Vs Cookie Pop Sticks?

Baking By makenice99 Updated 16 Feb 2011 , 2:39pm by makenice99

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 15 Feb 2011 , 5:29pm
post #1 of 3

Hi,

I am going to make some fondant onesies for a few dozen cookies for this Saturday. I plan on baking them on Wed or Thursday night. Will it be alright if I cut out the fondant Onesies now and decorate them and wrap them on a board several times with plastic wrap? I want to do some detail and textures on the onesies so I want to get a head start on the process by having all of the designing out of the way. What do you suggest? If I bake and apply the fondant on Wednesday night how do I keep them fresh till Saturday?

Also, I would like to make a few as cookie pops. Can I use the same stick as I use for the chocolate lollypops or do I need to buy the cookie pop sticks?

Thanks,

2 replies
Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 3:16am
post #2 of 3

You can definitely start your fondant now. I layer pieces on parchment, put in a sheet cake pan, and cover well with plastic wrap.

From Wed to Sat, layer cookies w/ parchment in a sealed container. You could use the sheet cake pan again, or plasticware.

I tried using lollipop sticks once, and my nice solid cookies had the sticks bending/bowing by the next morning. I would go with the cookie sticks, or I often use the heavier bamboo kabob sticks. I have on occassion used wooden dowels.

makenice99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
makenice99 Posted 16 Feb 2011 , 2:39pm
post #3 of 3

Thank you so much for the advise. I will go get the cookie sticks.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%