Does Anyone Have Tc-20T Airbrush Compressor?????

Decorating By pmarks0 Updated 15 Apr 2013 , 1:51am by pmarks0

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 1:29am
post #1 of 4

I just bought an airbrush kit from TCP Global
this one --> http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/ABDkitCake20T.html

I unpacked it last weekend to try it out and practice even though we got it setup like the picture (there is no real setup information with it), and went looking on line, I couldn't get it to work. No matter what, the pressure gauge wouldn't register any pressure, the needle didn't budge. There was definitely air coming out because it has a safety function where the motor shuts off when pressure in the regulator hits 60psi. I would release the air in the regulator and try again. I finally gave up and called TCP Global. They've sent me a new regulator and I'm having the same issue. Before I call them again (they said they're replace the compressor if I still have issues) is there a step I could be missing?

3 replies
pmarks0 Posted 13 Feb 2011 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 4

All fixed. I'd say it was user error. DH took a look and "fixed" it. Apparently I hadn't turned the regulator adjustment knob enough...even though I'm sure I did.

All's well now.

annie11 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
annie11 Posted 8 Apr 2013 , 5:10pm
post #3 of 4

AHi pmarks0 Hi would like to know if it worth it to buy this airbrush? The airbrush worth 179.98 but do you know how much it would cost with the shipping if you live in canada ontario? I didnt find it. Thanks

pmarks0 Posted 15 Apr 2013 , 1:51am
post #4 of 4

Sorry, I just saw this.  I didn't get any notification.

I actually purchased this to ship to a vacation home in Florida when I was there.  I found the invoice and they shipped it FedEx Ground and it cost me $46.55.  There was also a $2.99 rush charge because I needed to ensure it arrived while I was still there, plus shipping insurance which was another $3.50.  This was in December 2010, so I'm not sure how pricing will change.  You can probably call them and they should be able to give you the weight and dimensions of the package and then you can probably call FedEx and ask them for the cost.

I didn't see a kit worth $180 with the AmeriMist colours.  Just be sure that what you're ordering comes with the right product.  This link has all their Cake Decorator kits. 

http://www.tcpglobal.com/airbrushdepot/airb9.aspx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%