Whipped Chocolate Ganache

Baking By Cocobongo Updated 10 Feb 2011 , 10:18pm by KakeMistress

Cocobongo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cocobongo Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 9:50pm
post #1 of 3

Hi Everyone

I've never made whipped ganache, only ever the stuff that you pour. I was wondering the ratio of chocolate to cream and also, and do I heat the cream, pour it over the chocolate and leave it to melt, then whip it? Also, do I leave it in the fridge overnight to set? If so, do I then need to re-whip it etc? I wasn't sure whether to puyt this in the recipe section! It will be milk chocolate rather than dark or white, in case that makes a difference.

Finally, do I need to do a crumb coat with this as I want a cake that is covered in ganache. It will have a rustic look so doesn't need to be super smooth, but no crumbs.

TIA

Coco x

2 replies
Herekittykitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Herekittykitty Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 10:10pm
post #2 of 3

I think they are the same, you just beat the heck out of the chocolate once cooled.

I do 2.5 or 3-1 chocolate/cream for Milk chocolate, let it cool and set up (on the counter) then whip. If I put it in the fridge I heat it a bit to soften then rewhip, just find it easier to handle that way.

If you put the inital coat on thick enough, you shouldn't have to crumb coat. I don't.

KakeMistress Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KakeMistress Posted 10 Feb 2011 , 10:18pm
post #3 of 3

I just make it like regular ganache then just put it in the fridge to cool down a little and whip it right up, its super yummy and use it in my cakes that have a chocolate filling.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%