Sticky Cakes

Baking By kimmum Updated 9 Feb 2011 , 5:20am by KJ62798

kimmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmum Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 1:42am
post #1 of 5

Hi, Can anyone please tell me why the top of my cupcakes become sticky when they are cool. This does not happen all the time its very random and will all different recipies. The cupcakes are definitley cooked so not sure why it is happening. Any insight would be greatly appreiciated.

4 replies
Sweet_Toof Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet_Toof Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:15am
post #2 of 5

I get this too. I never really thought of asking the question. I think they taste great when they come out like that, I figure its either that or dry...

kimmum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimmum Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 3:20am
post #3 of 5

I guess you are right they still taste good, and you do put icing on them anyway so no one knows any different, I'm still curious as to why though lol

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 4:59am
post #4 of 5

When I make scratch cakes, they seem to be sticky on the outside. Or if I doctor cakes, adding sugar, they get sticky. But when I just do box cakes, never the stickiness. The amount of sugar maybe?

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 9 Feb 2011 , 5:20am
post #5 of 5

I've been having this with my Vanilla WASC cake. The sticky cake top gets cut off and the cupcakes get covered in frosting so I haven't been stressing it. I would rather have moist & sticky than dried out. They taste great & get rave reviews from friends so I'm OK with it.

K

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%