Need Idea For Combo Cake!

Decorating By kweenofengland Updated 8 Feb 2011 , 3:59pm by kweenofengland

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 1:02am
post #1 of 3

challenge: 8" cake for 4 people. 30 year old man, 25 year old man, 16 year old girl and 10 year old girl for sunday the day before v-day. so my first thought was to make a heart shape cake and half of it do zebra print because all age girls like zebra print. the challenge is coming up with the otherside of the cake design. thought about camo but they dont hunt. customer says they like MMA fighting and alabama football. that's all i got to work with. i am making this cake for a friend at no cost, so she is leaving it to me and will allow it to be simple, but simple is boring! so i still want it to be simple but unique. HELP!

2 replies
obsessed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obsessed Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:33am
post #2 of 3

can you make it an 8" square and devote one "side" to each of them? ...each side could come to a point at the centre of the cake. make one "boy" side the alabama logo and then make the other "boy" side across from it (say with something to do with MMA)...and then put the girl stuff in between. Does that make any sense at all? boy-girl-boy-girl? Not sure if this is actually helpful...hope so...lol.

kweenofengland Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kweenofengland Posted 8 Feb 2011 , 3:59pm
post #3 of 3

thanks for the help. apparently you are the only one who even wanted to attempt this question! ha! the customer and I came up with doing a cage looking pattern on one side with Tap Out on it and then the other side with zebra print. hoping to do a cool cage wire and bolts look to it. think it could make a pretty cool cake. thanks for your help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%