Candyland Cupcakes

Baking By Eileen22 Updated 7 Feb 2011 , 1:02pm by CandyLady

Eileen22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eileen22 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 2:01pm
post #1 of 8

I'm doing a Sweet 16 and she wants cupcakes. Theme is candyland. Any ideas? And I also would like to use wrappers but they're too expensive. I read in this site that you can cut dollies, but now I can't find it . Would that be a suggestion? How can I color them?

7 replies
cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:11pm
post #2 of 8

Here is the link to do the cupcake wrappers: http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1232780

I saved the template, someplace..... but I can't find it right now. But if you scroll down through the comments on the above, she tells you how she did them.

AmyBee89 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmyBee89 Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 3:17pm
post #3 of 8

I feel like somewhere (most likely on here!) I've seen candyland cupcakes done by cutting pieces of fondant or fruit roll up into little squares to make a windy path connecting over the different cupcakes. Simple and quite striking.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 6 Feb 2011 , 10:08pm
post #4 of 8

Which wrappers are you looking at? I found a pack of like 100 at Michael's for $1.00. They were on clearance. They were bright and colorful too, which is what I think of when I think of Candyland. They were just the kind that you drop in and bake. They were pretty when I pulled them out of the pan too.

What about doing at little path out of fondant or modeling chocolate in different colors, and then making little candies or lollipops to put on top? If you look up the game you can get all kinds of ideas. I would love to do some Candyland themed cupcakes!

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 12:59am
post #5 of 8

I don't like any cupcake papers that aren't greaseproof because the design just disappears into the cupcake when it's baked. To me it's more frustrating to find the image doesn't show up after they're baked. I love the glassine papers.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 1:39am
post #6 of 8

That sounds like so much fun. Please post a pic to this thread so we can all see them. I used the colored dolies, cut out the centers and cut a wedge out until they fit the cupcake. A small piece of double stick tape and they were done.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 11:39am
post #7 of 8

Actually, the wrappers I got from Michael's were really decent. I bought a pink gingham pattern and the design still looked perfect after they were baked. I did a strawberry mix from a box and modified it for the WASC recipe. I was super surprised because it was their Celebrate It brand and I happen to hate that brand of pans. So I guess some of their stuff isn't half-bad.

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 7 Feb 2011 , 1:02pm
post #8 of 8

I googled Candyland Cupcakes and several photos came up, one of which was on this website...try it and see what you can find. Cute ideas.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%