Is There A Place I Can Find All These Abbreviations?

Decorating By Cake_Nurse Updated 27 Jan 2011 , 7:14pm by leily

Cake_Nurse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Nurse Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 3

I am new to cake decorating and am wondering what all these abbreviations everyone is using mean. Is there a place that lists them so I can try to keep up?

2 replies
Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 6:55pm
post #2 of 3

Not sure if they are all listed somewhere in particular...but many have a little pop up window when you scroll your mouse over them, i.e. DH.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 27 Jan 2011 , 7:14pm
post #3 of 3

in the second "sticky" down in the General Forums there is a topic called "Cake Central Acronyms" it has a majority of what you'll see in the forums. There are new ones that come up every now and then and sometimes they're added to the topic, but sometimes there not.

As mentioned above the ones used the most often will have a dash line under then like MMF or BC and if you put your mouse over them a box will pop up with the most common meaning. However you also have to look at the context. DH can mean Dear Husband or Duncan Hines, so it's not always cut and dry.

Quote by @%username% on %date%