How Do I Ship A Cake?????

Decorating By holtesl Updated 20 Jan 2011 , 8:30am by zespri

holtesl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
holtesl Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 6:52pm
post #1 of 8

I have a friend in Chicago who asked me if I could ship a cake to her (I live near the Twin Cities in Minnesota). I did a little research, but I haven't come up with anything very helpful. Has anyone done this before? How does it work? Can I just put the cake in a box and send it on its way?

7 replies
holtesl Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 5:44pm
post #2 of 8

Anyone???

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 8

I wish I could offer you some assistance, but I havent heard a way to do this successfully.

Sorry - wishing you luck!!

cakinallday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakinallday Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 5:59pm
post #4 of 8

I just put a cake in the mail for my SIL. I of course used fondant to cover. I wrapped each tier in saran wrap. put each wrapped tier in the closest fitting cake box. put packing p nuts in the box. taped that box closed. put that box in a shipping boxed cushioned with tissue paper and more packing p nuts. I also wrapped the accessory pieces in press n seal paper. It should arrive Friday and she'll have to do some assembly....... I know it wont be perfect but it was worth a try... HTH

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 19 Jan 2011 , 6:15pm
post #5 of 8

Please let us know how it arrives, because I have been wondering myself! icon_lol.gif

holtesl Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:18am
post #6 of 8

How much did shipping cost on that? Do the USPS flat rate boxes work for shipping food?

Somethin-Sweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Somethin-Sweet Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 4:28am
post #7 of 8

Ive shipped several using Continental Airlines Cargo.....all arrived in perfect shape! The cost depends on the size and weight of the cake....

zespri Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zespri Posted 20 Jan 2011 , 8:30am
post #8 of 8

I just replied to this same question in another thread:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7037879-.html#7037879

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%