50 Lb. Cake Mixes By Pillsbury

Decorating By ashley1973 Updated 18 Jan 2011 , 7:40pm by jason_kraft

ashley1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashley1973 Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 5:53pm
post #1 of 10

Where can I get 50 lb cake mixes by pillsbury? They have to sell to individuals.

9 replies
kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 6:03pm
post #2 of 10

Not sure why you think they have to sell to individuals. The only place I know to get them is through a supplier.--they're not exactly made for home use.

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 10

Foodservicedirect.com

Angelfire3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Angelfire3 Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 6:17pm
post #4 of 10

You could always buy cake mixes in bulk at Sams Club, BJ's, Costco or any store that sells bulk items. I think Wal*Mart is also starting to sell some bulk items. Well, they do at my local Wal*Mart.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 10

Most of the larger cake mix bags are sold through wholesale suppliers ..where you have to be a licensed business to buy...

GGFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GGFan Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 6:30pm
post #6 of 10

Have you tried Smart and Final? I'm not exactly sure but I think I saw it there.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 6:57pm
post #7 of 10

Restaurant supply places but again must be licensed business usually to shop there

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 7:26pm
post #8 of 10

Amazon also has some pretty good prices on cake mixes...they are multi-packs of smaller boxes, but you can buy 12 at a time for less than $1 each shipped after S&S.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000EMQG4I/?tag=cakecentral-20

lyndya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndya Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 7:27pm
post #9 of 10

I spoke with a pillsbury rep for my region, and she told me that the 50 lb bags they sell are the Betty Crocker box mix we get in the store, that the Pillsbury box mixes are made by Smuckers and I would have to cont! What the....!!! Very wonky.

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 18 Jan 2011 , 7:40pm
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by lyndya

I spoke with a pillsbury rep for my region, and she told me that the 50 lb bags they sell are the Betty Crocker box mix we get in the store, that the Pillsbury box mixes are made by Smuckers and I would have to cont! What the....!!! Very wonky.

Pillsbury has a very interesting history (linked below)...Pillsbury and Betty Crocker are both General Mills products, but in 2001 GM was forced to sell off some Pillsbury products to Multifoods Corp for antitrust reasons, so Smuckers (who later bought Multifoods Corp) now markets all non-frozen Pillsbury products.

http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/The-Pillsbury-Company-Company-History.html

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%