Fall Flowers (Help!)

Decorating By angelcake4u Updated 6 Sep 2005 , 4:09am by trini

angelcake4u Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelcake4u Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 11:07pm
post #1 of 6

I am doing a bridal shower cake this weekend. They want fall flowers on it. What else is there besides mums? Would drop flowers in fall colors work?

5 replies
beccal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccal Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 11:23pm
post #2 of 6

Maybe some black eyed susans? those would be fall colors also.

tripletmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripletmom Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 11:32pm
post #3 of 6

I would think that any flower in yellow, orange or red would look great together. For sure you can do drop flowers in thos colours! Yellow lilies. sunflowers, gerbera daisies, even regular daisies. I got married in September and i had orange/yellow roses that were tipped with red...gorgeous! In the bouquet was also baby's breath and little tiny miniature daisies. You could easily do the 2-tone roses by using 2 colours of icing or by striping your bag.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 11:37pm
post #4 of 6

There is a cake in a Wilton Yearbook that is an Autumn cake... It had mums, asters, batchlor buttons and sunflowers on it.

JennT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JennT Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 1:24am
post #5 of 6

Check this out....I just did a Google Image Search for "fall flowers"...it brought up some very pretty arrangements. Maybe just pick 2 or 3 from what you see here and go with it. I even saw a few with dark, deep red roses, as well as orange roses.

Oops...forgot to post the link....

http://images.google.com/images?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=DVXA,DVXA:2005-15,DVXA:en&q=fall+flowers

trini Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
trini Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 4:09am
post #6 of 6

I ONCED DID A CAKE FOR FALL I USED ALL FALL LEAVES THE MAPLE LEAVES THE ORANGE - THE BROWN - THE RED THEY LOOK VERY GOOD TOGETHER GOOD LUCK icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%