Whipped Ganache - Will It Go Bad???

Decorating By chele Updated 14 Jan 2011 , 4:42pm by robbemorka

chele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chele Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 3:57pm
post #1 of 5

Last night i heated up my heavycream, melted it with the chocolate. This was at about 10PM. I completley forgot about it and when i woke up this morning it was still on the counter. i covered it and put it in the fridge.

Question is.... Is there anyway it will spoil?? it wasn't hot in my apartment, acutally it was pretty chilly in the kitchen. And my thought is once the heavy cream is heated it shoudn't go bad...

Please give me your advice...

icon_smile.gif

4 replies
mbasic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbasic Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 5

If the cream was very fresh AND I were planning to use this for a family get-together, I would not worry about it. If I was using this for a paying customer I would purchase more cream and chocolate and begin again. This is just my opinion.

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 4:12pm
post #3 of 5

I have kept cakes filled and or crumbcoated with ganache for several days at room temp with no problems whatsoever.

chele Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chele Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 4:15pm
post #4 of 5

It is a cake for someone at work.. That is why I was worried.. I haven't whipped it yet. But on a normal day if i made it in the morning, i may not get it in the fridge for a few hours anway..

I just don't know what to do..

seems like i am obsessing over it, maybe i shoudl just go buy new!

robbemorka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robbemorka Posted 14 Jan 2011 , 4:42pm
post #5 of 5

Most of the recipes say, to let the ganache sit over night on a counter and not in the fridge, because then it's going to be too hard for whipping.
So you should be fine!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%