Snowboard/golf Themed Cake For Co-Ed Bridal Shower

Decorating By amygortoncakes Updated 17 Jan 2011 , 9:21pm by allaboutcakeuk

amygortoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amygortoncakes Posted 12 Jan 2011 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 8

I have a request for an over the top themed bridal shower cake. The bride to be loves snowboarding and the groom loves golf.

The only thing is the cake is being picked up from my house and driven up to Huntington Beach...like 2 hours away.

I have never used sps system and would love to try but I just don\\'t want a disaster on my hands.

I have considered two smaller themed cakes, or themed cake and cupcakes.

She really wants something to wow the guests and steal the show.

Please any idea...even transportation ideas would be a great help.

7 replies
Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 13 Jan 2011 , 3:14am
post #2 of 8

How many guests is it for?
What if you did one of those split cakes? You know, the ones that have one design on one side and the other design on the other?

i have seen quite a few on here, but my computer is not co-operating.

Good Luck!
HTH

DeezTreatz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeezTreatz Posted 15 Jan 2011 , 11:51pm
post #3 of 8

I am a snowboard lover myself!
I have seen a couple 2-3 tier cakes with glittery snowflakes all over it - which I think is very nice + shows her love for winter in a classy way!

You could also use the wilton ball pan to make a giant golf ball.. (put the giant golf ball ontop of a 10" cake - and a snowboard figure - riding on top of the golf ball)
-The 10" cake could have snowflakes on it!

Good Luck! HTH icon_smile.gif

mmmcake0072 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmcake0072 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 8

Dual themed cakes can be tricky... I had a dual themed bithday cake...Father liked golf (mizuno brand golf stuff) and son (11) liked gaming. So I came up with a Face off theme between the two. The cake actually turned out really cool... Once you know the story behind it. Don't know if you can tell in the pic but the golf bag is amashing thru the playstation , controller breaking club etc. I will try to post the pic. HTH

mmmcake0072 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmmcake0072 Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 2:55pm
post #5 of 8

So picture did not come up. Can view it under my pics. You could getr a pic of his golf bag ( or brand he likes) and a pic of her snow board ( or her fav) and make a golf bag with the board smashing thru the top/ side or have the golf bag coing thru the board on the bottom.

Suzisweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Suzisweet Posted 16 Jan 2011 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 8

Hi there,
Here is a link to a cake on CC that is double sided.
cakecentral.com/gallery/1779534 (put this in front...http://)
I had this in my faves as well as another one that is OVER THE TOP but I am still trying to find it.

As far as being double sided (if you go that route)Using a 1/2 ball on top you can have a golf ball on one side and a mountain on the other.

I will continue to look for the other as it is a must see cake!
Suzi

hoped Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hoped Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 9:05pm
post #7 of 8

I wonder if a two-sided cake seems too separated for a bridal shower. I feel like it should show how the two people and their hobbies can work together!

How are you at making figures? Could the couple be riding down a white sparkling mountain on a snowboard (top layer) towards a green golf course (bottom layer)?

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 17 Jan 2011 , 9:21pm
post #8 of 8

How about doing a mountain style cake with a carved pathway coming down round the cake. You could have the top slightly flatter on the top with a green tee area with him on top about to tee off with his golf ball and her on her snow board coming down the side of the mountain. Or do it topsy turvy to create the path going down HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%