Imbc Help Please - Need To 'plan Ahead' To Eat?

Decorating By cloetzu Updated 1 Mar 2011 , 2:19am by cloetzu

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 17 Feb 2011 , 3:24am
post #31 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloetzu

This past weekend I made some Red Velvet cupcakes and decided to try making another batch of IMBC - i made sure i bought butter that was unsalted and had only 'cream' listed in the ingredient list. I then made a batch and added about 1/2 to 3/4 cup (measured before melting) of white chocolate waffers. It did add a nice sweetness BUT i still found that it tasted like eating BUTTER! ;(

everyone that had the cupcakes loved them but I didn't ;( so next I'll try some SMBC and if that fails will try the idea of mixing a MBC 50/50 with AMBC icon_wink.gif

if anyone wants to see the pic of the cupcakes they are on my blog here: http://cloesspace.blogspot.com/2011/02/doctored-red-velvet-cupcakes.html

White chocolate wafers? Is that like candy melts? Or did you use real white chocolate? I don;t think you used enough, I use 8oz of chocolate/white chocolate to every batch I make, and you can't taste any butter. It tastes like mousse only it's buttercream.

Sorry you didn't care for it! IMBC and SMBC are essentially the same flavor/texture, so if you don't like one you probably won't care for the other. To each their own, I can't stand the flavor of crusting "butter"cream, especially when it's not made with real butter (don;t know how they get away with calling it that)! My husband doesn't really like my SMBC, he'd rather eat frosting out of a can! icon_confused.gif

cloetzu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cloetzu Posted 1 Mar 2011 , 2:19am
post #32 of 32

FromScratchSF - i definately did not use 8 oz... the white 'stuff' i used was those little discs - flat on one side and domed on the other.... they look exactly like candy melts but I got them at the bulk food store and it said chocolate wafers on the tag - so now I'm not sure if they were just another name for melts or really chocolate??? would that make a big difference?

and yes i sort of came to the same conclusion after writing my last comment - ie that IMBC and SMBC probably taste very similar if not the same ... icon_smile.gif

i made some chocolate SMBC last night and added 6 oz of bitter sweet chocolate (yes real chocolate this time) and it was much better! it was a small batch - used 22 tbs of butter and 2 egg whites (forget how much sugar) and i think it could have used at least 2 more oz of chocolate.... but at least it's a start in the right direction!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%