Would You Still Do Her Cake??

Decorating By cakelady48 Updated 9 Jan 2011 , 4:58am by omaida

cakelady48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady48 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 19

I am so frustrated ,,I had a bride email me about 8 weeks ago about doing a cupcake wedding for her,,she checked out my work,,was told price options,,and set up a date for a consultation 4 weeks ago,,,so I rush around to get my cakes done and clean up and prepare,,SHE WAS A NO SHOW,,,,,left me waiting all afternoon,,no phone call or email with reason why...2 weeks ago she finally emailed me saying she was sorry she missed our appt. but she heard the weather was bad our way ( it was ,but why didn't she call ??) I was very nice and didn't complain or let on I was teed off. So she set up another appt. for today at 1:00pm ,,I had to rearrange a wedding cake delivery to make this work but ,ok thats what we do. GUESS WHAT ! she didn't show up again!!! I sent her an email telling her as nicely as I can that I rearranged my day and wish she had called and not kept me waiting again. Said that I look forward to hearing from her. Should I give her a third chance or is this a sign of problems ahead if I take her on? Why are people so inconsiderate?

18 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 10:53pm
post #2 of 19

I say that she obviously does not respect your time so I wouldn't even bother with her again..Once I can say fine I can understand things happen...but twice is just plain Rude...If she emails back I would just say that you are sorry but your are since booked for that weekend she is requiring and Thankyou for considering me.....

I really hate when people are inconsiderate also....

sueq63 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sueq63 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 10:56pm
post #3 of 19

I'm sorry but I would not giver her a third try. You are obviously busy so don't waste your time on someone who doesn't have any consideration for your time and talent. Imagine what she will be like as the wedding draws nearer; not a good sign. Just my opinion.

debbek152 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbek152 Posted 8 Jan 2011 , 10:57pm
post #4 of 19

I am so sorry this is happening to you. Under no circumstances would I even give her the time of day! She has already wasted plenty of your time and money. I would not deal with her again. She sounds like a very inconsiderate PITA. Cut your losses and drop her now! (IMHO) icon_smile.gif

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 12:24am
post #5 of 19

Absolutely not! If you did end up booking her cake for some unknown reason, she'll be the client who doesn't answer emails, won't call you back, and doesn't pay you on time.

brensmom12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brensmom12 Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 12:35am
post #6 of 19

I agree. Your time is money. It doesn't seem that she values your time at all. I would be cautious that if she is this irresponsible with your appointments, how is she going to be when it comes time to pay for her purchase?

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 12:40am
post #7 of 19

If she can't remember to show up, how is she going to remember to send the final payment? Tell her you're booked.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 12:52am
post #8 of 19

Third time? Heck no! After the first no show, I will see them for an appointment but NO SAMPLES. And they cetainly know that I'm pissed.

But as we have often established, I'm kinda mouthy.

pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 12:53am
post #9 of 19

I would not have given her a second appointment when she never called or emailed for the first cancellation until 2 weeks later. (Of course things happen and if she had called promptly or emailed, I would have rescheduled) Ditch this one fast but don't lie and say you are booked. Just tell her nicely that you are not the baker for her and if she pushes the issue then tell her she is rude and inconsiderate and don't want her business.

pugmama1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pugmama1 Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 1:00am
post #10 of 19

This bride doesn't respect other people's efforts or time. Do you really expect her to change as the wedding draws closer and there is even more stress? You are not obligated to continue a relationship with her but do let her know as soon as possible that after careful consideration you will no longer be able to do her cake. And you really don't have to give her any more explanation than that.

missluckypiggy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missluckypiggy Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 1:00am
post #11 of 19

she doesn't respect n appreciate you n your work, if i were u, no 3rd chance, just say sorry u r fully booked til 2 months ahead.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 1:37am
post #12 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by leah_s

Third time? Heck no! After the first no show, I will see them for an appointment but NO SAMPLES. And they cetainly know that I'm pissed.

But as we have often established, I'm kinda mouthy.

Geesh, leah, you say that like its a BAD thing! icon_lol.gif

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 2:40am
post #13 of 19

I seriously LOL'd.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 3:39am
post #14 of 19

I would NOT give her a third chance to stand you up! icon_mad.gif

If I have a bride that misses an appointment with little to no warning, the next appointment is secured with a credit card. If you miss appt #2, I charge $40 to your card. To date, no one has missed appt #2.

YorkieMaMa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YorkieMaMa Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 3:55am
post #15 of 19

Simply-no.

pixiefuncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixiefuncakes Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 4:14am
post #16 of 19

NO WAY

obsessed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
obsessed Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 4:29am
post #17 of 19

Run away! Fast! icon_smile.gif

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 4:33am
post #18 of 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Absolutely not! If you did end up booking her cake for some unknown reason, she'll be the client who doesn't answer emails, won't call you back, and doesn't pay you on time.

THIS. thumbs_up.gif

omaida Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
omaida Posted 9 Jan 2011 , 4:58am
post #19 of 19

I would not give her the time of day!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%