New Cake Items To Offer Customers..

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 6 Jan 2011 , 6:27pm by sweetmonkeycheese

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 3:44pm
post #1 of 8

So..I want to spruce up my website a bit and maybe add some items other than cakes which are easy to make but not expensive..Kinda like the cakeball fad..which I have added already...

Any suggestions.. pictures of neat cakes.cookies,cakepops,cakeballs anything new out there... etc!!!

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

So..I want to spruce up my website a bit and maybe add some items other than cakes which are easy to make but not expensive..Kinda like the cakeball fad..which I have added already...

Any suggestions.. pictures of neat cakes.cookies,cakepops,cakeballs anything new out there... etc!!!

Laurel thumbs_up.gif

Not sure if you're looking for non-cake items, but i do Rice Krispy treats and Brownies. I form them in my cake pans or cut out with cookie cutters and decorate quickly with outlines.

In my photos you can see some valentine rice crispy treats i do every year. For those i just color the marshmallows and form while warm in the large wilton comfort grip cutter. At christmas this year i did trees, snowman, and gingerbread men. Then i just take my cookie icing and do the details. Quick and easy and something different.

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 8:33pm
post #3 of 8

What about whoopie pies?

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 8

What is a whoopie pie...Sorry...I never thought of rice cripsy treats.Hmmm

pinkpiggie78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkpiggie78 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 11:42pm
post #5 of 8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whoopie_pie

I have had red velvet ones, pumpkin, carrot, banana, etc... they are kinda like inside out cupcakes.

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 11:44pm
post #6 of 8

Dipped oreos are super easy and a huge hit with kids. I dipped the chocolate creme ones in mint chocolate for Christmas and they tasted like a Girl Scout Thin Mint cookie.

I'm just baking for home/friends so I don't do the fancy molds. I just dip and cool on wax paper matching colors & sprinkles to the holiday/season. I would imagine for a bakery these would be a low investment of time/money.

Kristy

cownsj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cownsj Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 12:38am
post #7 of 8

If you are interested at all in candy items that are quick and easy, you can make:

raisin clusters
marshmallow clusters
coconut clusters
barks: almond
pecan
walnut
any kind of nut

All very quick and easy.

sweetmonkeycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetmonkeycheese Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 6:27pm
post #8 of 8

ummm this thread is making me hungry!