Same Day Booking Incentive?

Business By gsbcakes Updated 5 Jan 2011 , 1:37pm by leah_s

gsbcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gsbcakes Posted 4 Jan 2011 , 11:57pm
post #1 of 5

Just curious if anyone offers same day booking incentives.

4 replies
pattycakesnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakesnj Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 12:13am
post #2 of 5

no, I don't want to pressure anyone, that is just a recipe for disaster. Plus, I usually want to do a sketch and have them approve it before they book and I can't sketch in front of anyone. Every tasting I have done has resulted in a booked cake so there is no added reason to give an incentive.

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 12:49am
post #3 of 5

Same day bookings made me nervous. I WANTED them to think about it and be sure before handing over their non-refundable money.

i DID offer an "early booking incentive". When I sent their quote to them, I included a discount "if booked within 10 days". for a $3500 catering/cake package, I'd offer them something like $200 to $250 off (depending on my mood and how the numbers worked out). I'd say 9 out of 10 took it. My data that shows the lag time between tasting appt and booking showed they were booking faster once I implemented this.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 1:16pm
post #4 of 5

I am the same way...I encourage them to go home and read over the contract, etc. I also offer if they book within 7 days free setup and delivery. It works out quite well!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 5 Jan 2011 , 1:37pm
post #5 of 5

I love same day bookings. I do all my sketches during the consultation, prepare the invoice based on the number of servings and design and ask for the order. If they need to think it over, I will guarantee the price quote for 7 days but will not hold a space on the calendar. I don't find it a recipe for disaster in the least. Waiting often means that a bride can't get me. I offer a little discount, but not much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%