Getting Licensed

Business By cakedaisy Updated 2 Jan 2011 , 2:09pm by leily

cakedaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedaisy Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 7:46am
post #1 of 3

I need to find out about getting licensed to decorate cakes out of my home. Can anyone give me any tips on how to get started? Also, what about insurance, is this something to consider if you are doing it on a semi-small scale? Any information would be greatly appreciated, I don't even know where to start!

2 replies
Christy0722 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Christy0722 Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 1:46pm
post #2 of 3

One of the first things you need to do is contact your local health department or Dept. of Agriculture. They can help you get started. You also need to check your state and local laws/regs to make sure you can have a licensed kitchen in your home. Some states/counties/cities don't allow them.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 2 Jan 2011 , 2:09pm
post #3 of 3

Above is some general info to get started.... but what state are you located in, there may be someone on the boards that can help point you in the right direction as some places it's hard to find the right person to talk to (if you even can have a home bakery)

Quote by @%username% on %date%