How Is This Done?

Decorating By stacey71 Updated 31 Dec 2010 , 8:06pm by leily

stacey71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey71 Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 3

I was looking at cake loves website. Their cakes look sooo yummy! I really like the lemon swirl cake and strawberries and cream cake. How do they get that cute swirl on the frosting? Is it simply just dragging a spatula through it? Or is there some kind of device that does this?

The site is:

2 replies
cakeapprentice1923 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeapprentice1923 Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 7:27pm
post #2 of 3

it looks like it was done with a spatula...why not try it out on a dummy cake. I use a styrofome round to practice my decorating and covering. Get one and try it out. Or u could use wax or parchment paper. Whatever floats ur boat. Good Luck and could u maybe help me my post it the one about ganache and strawberrys.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 8:06pm
post #3 of 3

put the cake on a turntable and the spatula on the cake, then turn and pull your spatula towards the center while turning the cake on the turntable. Takes a little practice to get it nice and even like they have it, but it's a fairly simple process.

Quote by @%username% on %date%