Best Way To Get Ivory Fondant?

Decorating By sgauta Updated 31 Dec 2010 , 3:14am by sgauta

sgauta Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgauta Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 3:12pm
post #1 of 9

Oddly enough, in all the time I've been doing cakes I've never done ivory fondant! I make my own MMF and I know there is ivory color out there I could buy, but I'm trying to avoid a special trip out if I can. I have brown...can I get away with adding a teensy bit of that to get ivory? TIA!

~Sarah

8 replies
MissLisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissLisa Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 9

Brown and yellow will give you a nice ivory

pattycakescookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pattycakescookies Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:01pm
post #3 of 9

Yes you can but be careful if you are using AmeriColor because it's very intense and you may end up with tan instead of ivory. HTH.

sgauta Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:13pm
post #4 of 9

Ah, brown AND yellow, good idea. Will try on a small scrap first, I'm just using Wilton colors. Thanks guys! icon_smile.gif

~Sarah

LisaPeps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaPeps Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 5:23pm
post #5 of 9

Couldn't you add natural vanilla w/o seeds? You'll get the yummy vanilla flavouring too.

fafruia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fafruia Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 6:35pm
post #6 of 9

I used a tiny touch of the Wilton brown and I got a peachy kind of color. If you do end up buying...I LOVE FondX's ivory!

mareg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mareg Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 7:23pm
post #7 of 9

Americolor ivory worked for me.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 7:31pm
post #8 of 9

yes, regular brown vanilla works well.

sgauta Posted 31 Dec 2010 , 3:14am
post #9 of 9

Thanks for all the help gals! I ended up sucking it up and driving the 25 miles to the nearest store that sells cake decorating supplies...picked up the Wilton 'Ivory' and it worked out great. The brown was also giving me that slightly peachy, fleshy color that one of you mentioned. I have a really dark vanilla from Mexico and it has also been known to result in that same color. I'm glad I made the trip, now I'll have the ivory for next time. icon_smile.gif

~Sarah

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%