How Much Frosting Do I Need For 6 Tiered Cake??

Baking By Dbond Updated 30 Dec 2010 , 5:32am by Unlimited

Dbond Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dbond Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:32am
post #1 of 4

Help! icon_surprised.gif I am making my son's wedding cake for his wedding on 1/7/11, and need to know approx. how much Wilton Snow White wedding cake frosting to make for a 16, 14, 12,10,8 and 6 inch 2, 2" layered tiers.
I have made 6 batches (7 cups pr batch, 42 cups) is that enough? It's stiff, and can thin it down to be spreading consistancy. Will have pinapple cream cheese and chocolate frostings alternating as filling for layers. Tallest stacked cake I have ever made, please pray for me.[/b]

3 replies
weezercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weezercakes Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:46am
post #2 of 4

according to the wilton wedding cake chart it says that you will need about 35 cups of frosting to frost and decorate that many layers/sizes of cake. If you are like me you will need a little more. I like to have more on hand than needed, I hate running out in the middle of frosting/decorating. Hope that helps, good luck, I will be praying for you.

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 4:51am
post #3 of 4
Unlimited Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Unlimited Posted 30 Dec 2010 , 5:32am
post #4 of 4

I'd use about 37 lbs. You might want to make sure you have at least 28-30 lbs. made up in advance (enough to fill a 5-gallon bucket) or more if you're also using buttercream for piping borders, roses, or other decorations. Much luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%