Fondant/gum Paste/marzipan Cutouts Or Plunger Cutouts

Baking By Sweet-Melissa Updated 23 Dec 2010 , 4:13pm by Cupcations

Sweet-Melissa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Melissa Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 2:37am
post #1 of 3

Does anyone know of a great source of small sized cutouts for small shapes, letters and designs? I use these to put on top of my iced cupcakes. Also I'd like to make teeny tiny sugar cookies too, with the same tools. I'm looking for one inch or less in size. I have a tiny flower cutout and want more!! Thanks! icon_biggrin.gif

2 replies
Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:55am
post #2 of 3

PME make lots of great plunger cutters. FMM tappits for lettering (You can also get lots of more detailed shapes in Tappits in themes like 'baby', 'sports' and 'tools' to name a few) - Windsor Clixstix also for lettering but they have cutters which will cut and eject stars, hearts, blossoms etc 20 or so in various sizes at a time - quick if you need a heap of cutouts for something (not really suitable for cutting cookies though.) Lots of Marion Frost patchwork cutters have shapes/sizes suitable for cupcakes.

As for sources of these cutters, someone else may know, or do a bit of googling to see what you can find. I'm in Australia, so my sources for these things may not be the best place for you to get them, depending on where you are.

Cupcations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cupcations Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 3

I've been looking for them also, I found a lot on ebay & their prices are not bad, well cheaper than our local stores, they come in 3 sizes & alot of shapes: leafs, flowers, hearts,butterflies..etc, just search for flower plungers

Quote by @%username% on %date%