Whimsical Bh Cookies And Cream Filling-How Long Stabe?l

Baking By springlakecake Updated 24 Dec 2010 , 1:57am by springlakecake

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 12:43am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone-

A couple of months ago, I tried the WBH cookies and cream filling recipe from the book. I was amazed at how easy, yummy and stiff it was! We ate it that night. I'd like to make it again for an xmas gathering, but wondering how far in advance I can make it. I'll refrigerate it of course, but wondering how long it will hold up, or if it might start breaking down? Thanks! Merissa

5 replies
JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 23 Dec 2010 , 11:12pm
post #2 of 6

Not being familiar with that particular recipe, (and since you didn't provide a link or a list of ingredients)
I have no idea if it's shelf stable or not.

However, most American b/c's are shelf stable, so if the recipe is similar to an ABC you should be fine. icon_smile.gif

But if the recipe includes a large amount of whipping cream or other liquid, than refrigeration is recommended. Maximum "out" time would be 4 hrs for serving/eating before returning to refrigeration.

And if in doubt, refrigeration never hurts. Just let the filled item come to room temperature for maximum enjoyment.

HTH

still_learning Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
still_learning Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 12:13am
post #3 of 6

I made that filling once. I filled a cake that stayed in the fridge for several days and the filling didn't seem to break down, at least not that I noticed. You're right - super easy and yummy! I'm looking forward to making it again.

TejasRebel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TejasRebel Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 12:53am
post #4 of 6

That's one of my favorite recipes. I've never had any problem with it breaking down, and I've been using it for a few years now. The only drawback is that the cookies might get a little soft.

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 1:12am
post #5 of 6

i also use it a lot. I have never had a problem. it doesn,t hurt it at all if the cookies get a little soft. i make it for may dau. b/d all the time. she loves it.

springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 24 Dec 2010 , 1:57am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone! That is what I needed. I know it has to be refrigerated, I just wondered how long before it would break down (as whipped cream does). When I made it last time it was really stiff, but I just didn't know if it would hold up for 2 days or not. Not too worried if the cookies get soft, I can deal with that. Thanks a bundle!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%