Refrigeration Question

Decorating By TracyFace Updated 21 Dec 2010 , 4:37pm by TracyFace

TracyFace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyFace Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 3:06pm
post #1 of 5

This is probably a dumb question, and I'm pretty sure the answer is gonna be YES, but I thought I'd ask anyway, just to be sure!! icon_rolleyes.gif

I've got a WASC cake w/ a strawberry mousse filling to deliver on Thursday, but won't be eaten until Friday. My question is, does this cake need to be refrigerated until it's ready to be eaten b/c of the heavy cream in the mousse filling? Thanks in advance!! icon_biggrin.gif

4 replies
Mb20fan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mb20fan Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 3:38pm
post #2 of 5

I'm totally waiting to hear back on this one too...I want to use a whipped-cream, cream cheese filling in a cake to be done on Thursday for consumption on Friday too. icon_biggrin.gif

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 4:13pm
post #3 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyFace

This is probably a dumb question, and I'm pretty sure the answer is gonna be YES, but I thought I'd ask anyway, just to be sure!! icon_rolleyes.gif

I've got a WASC cake w/ a strawberry mousse filling to deliver on Thursday, but won't be eaten until Friday. My question is, does this cake need to be refrigerated until it's ready to be eaten b/c of the heavy cream in the mousse filling? Thanks in advance!! icon_biggrin.gif

I can tell by your comment that your gut instinct was telling you that it needs to be refrigerated. I'd go with that instinct. It's usually right. I personally would not feel safe in not refrigerating it.

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 4:21pm
post #4 of 5

Refrigeration is a must with mousses and pastry creams.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

TracyFace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyFace Posted 21 Dec 2010 , 4:37pm
post #5 of 5

Thank y'all for responding!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%